About Me

My photo
We ate well and cheaply and drank well and cheaply and slept well and warm together and loved each other. - E.H.

Monday, February 13, 2012

Farewell to this house, this town.

So, this blog has been pretty quiet for the last little while. Life has run away with me, somewhat, but it's all good stuff. While Agata has been slogging away to finish her thesis and re-enter the world of the living, I've been packing up our little apartment and scanning the housing listings.

After almost eight years, I'll be leaving my adopted town of Peterborough and heading back to Toronto, where I grew up. Agata and I will be moving in with our good friends Meagh and Claire, who are probably two of my favourite people in the world - and the whole thing feels really, really exciting.

We managed to find a house we can afford, in a neighbourhood we like, with lots of windows and a big yard  for gardening and enough space for peaceful cohabitation. The whole thing is in desperate need of a coat of paint and some love, but I think we're up for it. 

But I will miss our Peterborough apartment. Agata and I have lived here for two years now, and it was our first place together. It's been good to us.



































 I will especially miss this kitchen. So much light. So little counter space.




1 comment:

  1. Good luck for your move!!!
    Leaving somewhere loved is always sad but the loved memories will always be with you.
    And then there's all those new ones to make!

    ReplyDelete